Frozen bonds of Republic of Serbia
What rights do you obtain from the Republic of Serbia’s bonds issued for settlement of liabilities on account of citizens’ foreign currency savings?
At the counter of the Eurobank, you have converted your foreign currency deposit into bonds of the Republic of Serbia issued for settlement of liabilities on account of citizens’ foreign currency savings – what can you do furthermore with them?
You may sell the bonds through the stockbroker at Belgrade Stock Exchange. In that case, the Eurobank officer shall offer assistance and shall present a list of stockbrokers. You may also promptly open at the Eurobank an earmarked foreign currency account, required for this procedure.
You may immediately offer to the Eurobank to repurchase your bonds at stock exchange price, in dinars, at official exchange rate of the NBS.
You may, in compliance with the Law on settlement of liabilities on account of citizens’ foreign currency savings and follow-up decisions of the Federal Government, use bonds before maturity period, according to the nominal value, for:
- payment of the following costs
- costs of medical treatment within the country within the amount of actual medical treatment costs;
- costs of providing medication, orthopaedic aids and apparatuses within the country up to an amount given in the pro-forma invoice;
- costs of treatment abroad, for diseases that cannot be treated in Serbia, with approval of the State authority in charge of affairs from the field of medicine, up to the amount of actual costs;
- costs of providing medicaments, orthopaedic aids and apparatuses not manufactured in Serbia with approval of the State authority in charge of affairs from the field of medicine, up to the amount of actual costs;
- funeral costs – up to 500 EUR in dinar countervalue, on account of verified invoices from the authorized institution. If verified invoices are not enclosed – costs are charged on account of death certificates, in the amount of 250 EUR in dinar countervalue;
- transfer costs of the remains of the deceased from abroad – up to the amount of actual costs.
- You may use bonds within maturity periods, for: payment of receipts tax (turnover tax), excise, property tax, income tax for citizens and advance corporation tax for corporations.